Teresa Pearce MP wants filmmakers and scriptwriters across Erith and Thamesmead to enter the prestigious FILM THE HOUSE Competition. The competition is sponsored by RT Hon Sir Kevin Barron MP, Lord Tim Clement-Jones and RT Hon John Whittingdale OBE MP.
Film the House is a competition which showcases the work of the next generation of writers and directors from across the country. The competition is open to UK based student or independent filmmakers and this year heralds the addition of the Directors UK award for Best Film Direction for under and over 16s, as well as prizes for Best Film Script and Best Short Film.
In 2018, prizes included mentoring from professionals in the film industry, a private screening of the winners’ films for friends and family and classification of the winning films and scripts by BBFC.
Speaking about the competition, Teresa Pearce MP said:
“I am very much looking forward to receiving entries from Erith and Thamesmead’s most creative and innovative filmmakers and scriptwriters. The Film the House Competition is a fantastic opportunity for young people in my constituency to show the UK, the very best they, as constituents of Erith and Thamesmead have to offer.”
Dates for the 2019 competition are:
- 9 September 2019: Competition launch date
- 19 December 2019: Closing date for entries
- 3 February 2020: Shortlist announced
- 3 March 2020: Awards Ceremony, House of Commons, London
Categories for entry:
- Best Film Script– under 16
- Best Film Script – 16 and over
- Directors UK Best Film Direction – under 16
- Directors UK Best Film Direction – 16 and over
- Best Short Film – under 16
- Best Short Film – 16 and over
For the competition details please click here: https://filmthehouse.co.uk/competition-details
To enter the competition please visit the website: https://filmthehouse.co.uk/enter